Saturday, May 22, 2010

New TF2 Community Items, Hats



Valve released more Community-created items and hats last Thursday in a patch that also addressed some issues with cp_gorge and plr_pipeline. Among the new hats are goggles for the Medic, a drill sergeant's hat for the Soldier, and a Jughead-esque cap for the Scout. Two new weapons were also added: a battle axe for the Demoman that boasts higher damage than the Eyelander at the cost of speed, and a new Kukri for the Sniper that does less damage up front, but leaves a nasty bleeding DoT on whoever gets hit by it.

I love seeing more items added to TF2. Its one of the few games that we still consistently play, despite it being almost three years old. I haven't played plr_pipeline since the changes, but I do plan on trying it out. After all, that map was basically Stalemate Town.

I can't wait until Valve releases the Engineer Update, and hopefully that will be soon. The Sniper vs. Spy update was over a year ago, as of yesterday. I want to see options for the Engineer that make him more offensive and/or mobile. I don't think he needs any more anti-spy measures. Playing Spy against even a mediocre Engineer is difficult enough.

PS. I finally got my Otolaryngologist's mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment