Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ex-Microsoft studio manager thinks Natal will fail


Scot Bayless has been in the video game business for a while. He was once at Microsoft as a studio manager, a senior producer at Sega, and has also held executive roles at Midway, Capcom, and EA. Recently he has been talking some shit about Microsoft's motion controller.

"When I met with Microsoft in 2008 to look at Natal I asked: 'When will you integrate this into the 360?'" Bayless told Retro Gamer magazine. "Their response was: 'We're probably going to wait and see on that.' To which I said: Then you're going to fail.'"

I'm not yet sold on motion controllers, but out of all three companies I have to say that Microsoft's is in last place. I don't understand how they are going to integrate the device into their games, because they honestly have not shown much besides the stupid red ball thing. The main reason I don't like motion controllers is because third party developers don't take the time to use the motion controller to their advantage, they turn it into a gimmick and spew out tons of horrible party games. And the Natal is perfect for that shit. It sounds dumb but at least Sony and Nintendo's controllers have buttons that will allow players to do more than just wave their arms in the air. Maybe they will surprise all of us at E3.

No comments:

Post a Comment