Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More Band-specific Rock Band?


Harmonix has created a small poll to gauge interest in more single-band focal Rock Band games. The artists in question are U2, The Eagles, Queen, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd.

While they're gearing up for the release of Green Day: Rock Band, it appears that Harmonix is reaching out for more music to put into their "games". If I seem a little bitter, its because I am. I liked Harmonix better back when they made games like Frequency and Amplitude. Rock Band can be fun under the right conditions, but if you ask me, its not worth keeping around all that worthless plastic shit.

I just think making all of these sequels is lazy when they could be making something else. Just release a song creator connected to Rhapsody or iTunes or something. Any songs you have can be sent through the generator and then you can play them! People already mod these games to play any song they want, why not support it and make some money?

What surprises me most is that these other bands were only thought of after Green Day. I can't believe that. Syd Barrett had more talent in his shaved eyebrows than Billie Joe Armstrong has in his whole body.

No comments:

Post a Comment