Wednesday, June 23, 2010

While We Wait for APB


When I went to the usual sites in search of game info, a post on Kotaku piqued my interest. It appears that APB Lead Designer EJ Moreland will be on Kotaku's next podcast show taking questions. The show starts at 10 AM here, so I'll most likely wait until its up in its entirety.

We all played APB's Key to the City event during the last week or so. Joe, Krinkor, and I especially fell in love with the game. The amount of customization is astounding, and if you remember correctly, was the main reason I was excited for this game in the first place. The gameplay is admittedly tedious if there aren't enough opposing faction members in your instance, but playing with a couple good friends is fun enough. I don't want to ruin too much, since I want to do a video review of the game once we can get back in for the pre-launch event.

Realtime Worlds has also seen fit to forbid reviewers from posting reviews of APB until ten days after the release date. Does this seem a little fishy? It should because it is. They're worried about a lot of the negative shit people have been saying about their game.

I'm not worried though. If the game is like the one we've been addicted to for the whole KttC event, it'll be awesome. More on that later if I can manage to scrabble together a decent video review. If not, we'll have to deal with a text review. Either way, you assholes get to hear my opinions. Circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment