Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Making Games is Hard


Valve is pushing back the release date for Portal 2 because "making games is hard." I wish I could make that up, but in a press release Valve stated the above truth and that Portal 2 would not be ready in time.

I'm all for pushing something back if you don't think its quite ready yet. I'd rather wait a few extra months for a good game than get a garbage game sooner. And, even though I really enjoyed the first Portal, I'm not yet feeling hyped for the sequel.

In other Valve related news, the following image has been popping up around the internets.

Note that June 14th is Valve day at E3, so many people guessed that Episode 3 news would be released. However, one of the writers at Halflife2.net emailed Gabe Newell himself for confirmation. It appears that the image is indeed a fake. Damn it Valve, why do you have to make me love you and hate you at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment