Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hardcore players will want the Kinect? lol

I wanted the last bit of hate on the Kinect to be my last, since all we've done is hate on Microsoft. They seem to want to make it impossible to stop hating on them though, by saying stupid things almost every day. Microsoft's worldwide marketing manager, Ryan More, is quoted as saying "I think we know that hardcore gamers will be the first to go out and buy it, as they are with any product."

I don't know how to respond to something like this. There are so many casual games that they showed off at E3 for the Kinect, I don't know where he's coming from with this. Unless they announce some sort of Halo game featuring the Kinect or something like that, I can't see hardcore gamers wanting one at all. The interviewer does bring up the fact that Metal Gear Solid: Rising was sandwiched between Kinect demos at E3. Perhaps that would make the Kinect appealing to the hardcore gamer, but I doubt that it will even be compatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment