Sunday, March 7, 2010

God of War III devs don't know what next project will be


With the release of God of War III the story of Kratos will come to an end. But Sony has mentioned that they are not done with the franchise. One would assume that Sony would put a team together for a new God of War as soon as possible but Senior Producer Steve Caterson says differently.

"I have no idea (what is next)! I just finished three years of my life on God of War III and seven years on the God of War series, I have kids younger than that! We're excited to work on large projects but it's not a decision that's made flippantly and we're going to take our time with it. The only game I had the chance to play through the past few years was Dead Space; there are other games that have released that I want to have a chance to sit down and have those experiences! Actually playing some of those great games out there and seeing what other developers are doing… I'm looking forward to it – that's the best part of finishing a game!"

When Steve was asked about the next God of War game he stated that it was the end of the trilogy and that they did not end it with a cliff hanger. He also said that he would like to move on to something else and maybe come back to the franchise at a later date.

Its good to hear that the God of War series will get some closure. But Its to early for me to even care about what Sony's Santa Monica studio is working on next because I haven't even gotten my hands on God of War III yet. March 13th feels so far away! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment