Monday, August 2, 2010

Bad Kinect. BAD




I'll let the video do the talking. If you're reading this, you probably have either not watched the video, or you couldn't stand to watch it the whole way through. Keep in mind that Kinect is now 4 months away from launching. This was a recent demonstration, and look at how well Kinect works! OH WAIT, IT DOESN'T. Not even these two lovely Asian models can make this steaming pile of shit look good.

And you know what? I'm going to continue hating on Microsoft. This is a different brand of hate than I've had against them in the past though. The difference is that before, I really had no grounds to hate on them, other than the fact that I was a Sony fanboy. I've since embraced MS, and I do enjoy their system. What I'm angry about is the fact that back in E3 2009, I was REALLY excited for the Kinect, with the project MILO demo.



I mean, maybe I got so excited for it because of the prospect of a real Artificial Intelligence. But at the same time, I have to say the interaction looked pretty good as well. If they had've continued down the path of creation, instead of just blatant ripoffs of every Wii mistake so far.


Sorry Microsoft, but I have a feeling that you guys just made a Dreamcast of a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment