Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Square Enix creates M-rated label



Today Square Enix has announced that they are creating a new umbrella that will be publishing their violent games that get released in the west, called Extreme Edge. Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada explained that this is a way to provide an easy form of identification for titles like Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days.

I'm thinking of it like comic books, if you want something really adult and violent you would look for a Vertigo published comic instead of a DC comic.

Honestly I don't really get it. I thought we used the ESRB as a way to determine if the game was good enough for me to play. I guess Square Enix just doesn't want western audiences thinking there was going to be retarded haired girlyboys in Kane& Lynch 2: Dog Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment