Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright



This is slightly old news, but I never really talked about this here. Capcom and Level 5 (the creators of Professor Layton) are teaming up to bring us the game shown in the trailer above.

Capcom has made some great "Versus" games over the course of their history, Marvel Vs Capcom being one of the most prolific and successful. Never before though had it crossed the minds of fans that Phoenix Wright would be crossing paths with Professor Layton.

Obvious questions that came to mind when I first watched this trailer (today is actually the day when I've watched the full trailer, I only saw the 15 second announcement trailer a while ago). The first of which was "WHEN DO I GET THIS OMG!!!!" After I calmed down and took my meds, I started asking the more logical questions. One game being a puzzle-driven story game, the other being a text-based problem-solving courtroom game, how exactly will this play out? So far, no gameplay has been discussed or shown off, but if the quality of the trailer is anything to judge this by, it's going to be GLORIOUS.

As one of the commenters on YouTube pointed out:

"[T]his shouldn't be a game, it should become an anime... that's how godly it is"

I have to tend to agree with them. I actually really like the US voice cast of both games, and I would go see this in the theater/buy the DVD (or Blu-ray) of this day 1. This trailer looks really exciting, and I wonder how they will play everything out. I hope the dialogue is mostly voice-casted, as it would be one of the first times we've actually gotten to hear Phoenix Wright talk beyond a sentence or two, or his famous "OBJECTION!!!!"

From the few whisperings I've heard about this game, it'll be coming out for the 3DS.


Yet another game I hope makes it to our shore. If it doesn't, I'll just have to learn Japanese (which will come in handy for my import of Catherine, which I'm about 80% sure won't ever see the light of day in America).

No comments:

Post a Comment