Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mass Effect...Animated?




Anyone who reads this site or pays attention to my random ramblings knows I'm a huge Mass Effect fan. It's even gone so far that I've ranked it #3 on my top 10 games of ALL TIME (Mass Effect 2, ME1 had some fatal flaws).

Considering that the game has spawned numerous novels and comic books, it should surprise nobody that it's spawning an Anime. According to numerous sources (Anime News Network in particular for this quote),


"BioWare, a video game division of Electronic Arts,
announced on Thursday that the North American distributor Funimation and the Japanese studio T.O. Entertainment agreed to produce an "anime feature film" based on BioWare's Mass Effect science-fiction role-playing game (RPG) franchise."

Furthermore, it seems as if this is targeted to be released in Summer 2012, "via digital distribution means. It's yet to be announced if this will actually be the story of Shepard, as I think Bioware wants to leave the things within the game to the game series, but at the same time I would kind of want to see an anime version of my space-adventures.



(Source: Anime News Network)

No comments:

Post a Comment