Sunday, November 7, 2010

Super Meat Boy: Postmortem



Super Meat Boy is among my all-time favorite XBLA titles. There's something endearing about the demonic level design that makes me, as a long-time gamer, want more. In a world which is becoming increasingly more casual-catering, this game stands out like a beacon of light against the dark. I still have not got 100% on the game, which seems a near-impossible task for me. If I ever finally fight my way through my stack of backlogged titles, I will be going for the 100% achievement, but until then, this is definitely a must-have title. There's a reason why it only sold a few less copies than Kirby's Epic Yarn. That's because it's not a Nintendo title, yet it still held its ground.

I did make a bit of a slip-up in my review. What I meant to say was that it was 8-bit inspired, instead I said that the whole soundtrack was 8-bit. While there are a few levels (usually through Warp Zones) where they are straight up 8-bit, most of it is 8-bit with traditional instruments. Mad props to YouTube user DitoCoaf for pointing that out :)

Well what are you waiting for? GO BUY IT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment