Friday, November 12, 2010

Nail'd Preview


Last week, George and I were on the guest list to attend the press event for a game coming out in November called Nail'd. Nail'd is an insane off-road ATV/motor cross racing game being developed by Techland and produced by Deep Silver. Going into the night I really wasn’t sure what to expect, since I hate racing games, and the last ATV game I played was a PS2 game that I didn’t even like that much. But I was excited to get drunk, enjoy, myself and hang out with George, which I haven’t done in the three something years I’ve known him.

I took a seat next to Jon Schutts, a Sr. producer over at Deep Silver. He took it upon himself to kick my ass at the game while also being extremely nice and talking to me about the game and what he does at Deep Silver.

The game prides itself in being extreme and fast, and it definitely is. The tracks are huge, not just in length but in height, and the design is insane. Imagine jumping over dams and landing on roller coasters that are going through volcanoes. The game is also very arcade-like, letting you ride along the side of dams and able to change direction while falling 100ft in the air. If you’re into those realistic simulation racers this game is not for you, but if you just want to ride on some of the most ridiculously big tracks I have ever seen and just have a good time, this game is definitely worth checking out.

It’s really too bad that this game isn’t being talked about more, because I had more fun with it than some of the shit games I have bought recently. So make sure to be on the lookout November 30th when it hits store shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment