Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bioshock 2 Multiplayer fail?


Foe: After beating Bioshock 2 for the second time around, I became hungry for more Rapture action and excitement. With haste, I booted up the multiplayer. You awake blurry eyed and all with a empty bottle of EVE in front of you and young Andrew Ryan calls for your help to save Rapture. Needless to say, the prologue for the event got me pretty hyped.

After setting up my plasmids and my two choices of lame weapons; shotgun and pistol, I joined a game. I chose the game civil war which is just team deathmatch with Andrew Ryan and Fontaine Futuristics. The game started and the horror ensued. Not only was the gameplay chunky but the whole physics of the game felt like a bad second thought. Why would Bioshock need a multiplayer? Who thought of the idea to add it in? These were the thoughts I was thinking while I sluggishly killed noobs and threw relatively ineffective plasmids at enemies.

My advice to anyone who wants more action after fully beating Bioshock 2 is to play another game until DLC or something better comes out. I'm just surprised that Mr.Bubbles let this happen and didn't smash the development team in a flurry of drills and rivets before this multiplayer could be integrated with this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment